During registration, a student may need to receive an override for a course that they can not register for in Banner Web on their own nd will receive an error message during the registration attempt.
The student must contact the instructor of record directly to explain the need to take their course and provide the registration error.
Overrides can only be given by the instructor of record. The department may be able to assist the student if the instructor is unavailable.
If the instructor approves of the override, the instructor will need to go to Banner Web and process the override for the student. The instructor must provide the correct override based on the registration error received by the student.
The student will be able to see the override in Banner Web and will need to go to Banner Web and register for the course once the override appears.
Registration Errors ad meanings
- Instructor Approval - instructor of the course must give approval using an override to allow course registration
- Department Approval -The department chair must give approval using an override to allow course registration
- Pre‐Requisite Error - The student has not fulfilled the pre-requisite courses for the course they are attempting to register, refer to the catalog for pre-requisite details.
- Co‐Requisite Error - The student must register for two courses that must be taken at the same term. You must register for both courses at the same time in Banner Web by entering both CRNs in the worksheet. Refer to the catalog for pre-requisite details. Most co-requisite errors do not require an override. Ex. HBIO 111-Lecture and HBIO 111L- Lab. Courses like this must be taken and registered at the same time and term.
- Major Restrictions - The student is not listed under the major for the course in which they are attempting to register.
- Closed Class - The course has reached the designated maximum number of students allowed to register in the course.
- Reserved Closed - This course is offered to AUC students and the maximum number of Morehouse student registration in the course has been reached.
The instructor has the right to deny an override to a student. The student can then find another course and/or instructor to request an override.